FABULOUS BLUEBERRY LEMON LOAF
Updated: Mar 20, 2019
Fabulous called. I answered.
This creation is adapted from the Sunshine Lemon Loaf. Simply, add the blueberries into the batter. Topped with some cooked berries and drizzle with some lemon icing for the perfect combo!
Unsalted butter, softened | ½ cup, 113g
Caster sugar | 1 cup, 200g
All-purpose flour | 1½ cup, 188g
Eggs | 2 nos
Baking powder | 1 tsp
Salt | ½ tsp (if you are using salted butter, just a pinch of salt will do)
Full cream fresh milk | ½ cup, 122g
Lemon zest | 1 no
Lemon juice | 2 tsp
Fresh blueberries | 1/3 cup (coat it with some flour, so it will not all sink to the bottom)
Lemon juice | ½
Icing sugar | ¼ cup, 62.5g
Lemon zest | a sprinkle
Fresh blueberries | 10 – 12 nos
· Preheat the oven to 180C, fan setting before measuring out your ingredients.
· Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
· Add eggs, one at a time to the batter. Low speed.
· Combine flour, baking powder, salt, lemon zest in a bowl. Mix well.
· Add the flour mixture and milk to the batter at three parts. Starting and ending with the flour mixture.
· Add in the lemon juice.
· Throw in the blueberries, coated with flour.
· Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Tap the pan on the countertop to release any air trapped within
· Bake for 50 - 60 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing it completely.
· Allow the loaf to cool completely before glazing.
· To prepare the glaze, firstly cook the blueberries in a pot for about 5 minutes with a splash of water. This is to allow the blueberries explode in your mouth when you bite it.
· Combine icing sugar and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk till liquid form. Pour over loaf and decorate with lemon zest and the cooked blueberries.
*Can be kept air tight container up to 3 days in room temperature for humid countries.
The Headless Baker